Cooloola Coastcare are stewards of the natural world of the Cooloola Coast.
The Cooloola Coast is a region with stunning natural beauty and high environmental values.
It is recognised as a natural environment of international significance:
- UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List
- Ramsar Wetland of International Significance
- UNESCO Great Sandy Biosphere Reserve
- Great Sandy Marine Park
- Great Sandy National Park: Cooloola Section
- Wolf Rock Marine Protection area
Cooloola Coastcare Association Inc. is a not-for-profit community Natural Resource Management (NRM) organisation operating on the Cooloola Coast and Southern Great Sandy Strait in South-East Queensland.
Cooloola Coastcare’s Role
- To value, protect and enhance the natural environment, particularly coastal and marine areas.
- To draw the attention of the local community to the need to use ecologically sustainable conservation and land use practices.
- To engender in local communities, including local industries, a sense of stewardship for coastal and marine areas.
- To promote the adoption of management and land use practices that create a balanced ecosystem and conserve biodiversity thereby ensuring the future livelihood of local people.
- To foster cooperation between stakeholders wherever action is needed to rehabilitate degraded habitats and undertake joint projects when needed.
- 0478 039 322